Along with ARCIFORM co-owner Richard De Wolf, we connect with Rick and Karen to discuss their work in architectural preservation and the completion of the trio’s recent project, the Fried-Durkheimer House, a gorgeous Italianate structure built in 1880.
The abandoned Jacob H. Cook mansion near Mount Tabor in southeast Portland was ripe to be ripped down. Instead, new owners Lyrin Murphy and Steve Day have carefully started to restore much of the oak woodwork, porcelain tile and tub, and the kitchen of the pre-1890s house.
Murphy spent the next 13 months breathing life back into the house’s six bedrooms, six fireplaces, seven bathrooms, and massive gardens. Also known as the Jacob H. Cook House and the Christmas House before Murphy christened it the Walter, it had undergone a major neoclassical renovation in 1909, and Murphy hewed closely to that vision.
By Midge Pierce A once grand, century-old house at 5631 SE Belmont is being meticulously restored by a tour de force with the skill and determination to save historically significant architecture from the wrecking ball. Lyrin Murphy, a realtor wi…
The Neoclassical-style mansion near Mount Tabor in southeast Portland was known as the Jacob H. Cook mansion after a lumber baron bought the property in 1904.
Keller Williams Realty Professionals | 9755 SW Barnes Rd, #560, Portland, OR 97225 | (503) 546-9955 | Each office is independently owned and operated.
Copyright © 2021 The Walter - All Rights Reserved.